What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

exposed brake lines in cockpit

bobstan6

I'm New Here
Has anyone come up with a way to hide the clear plastic brake lines at the rudder pedals? Looks bad and is suceptable to damage.

Last edited:
Has anyone come up with a way to hide the clear plastic brake lines at the rudder pedals? Looks bad and is susceptible to damage.

This just has not been a problem item for the past 39 years in service.

But, What Piper did was to flip the master cylinder over and that kept the lines up out of the way. Doing this causes service issues that require a different way to bleed the lines.

Piper warrior lines were known to be a bit** to bleed. But I was able to do mine in less than 15 minutes without spilling a drop. It is not the way Van's says to do them. And it is not the way Piper says to do them. And I will not explaine here how I do them because I don't want to continue an ongoing argument of why Van's mounted his master cyls the way that he did.

With the 12, You don't have a choice. Install them as per plans and don't worry about it.

Hide em? Shucks now that I have them tinted red with brake fluid, I think they are kinda pretty down there, would not cover them up for anything. Was wondering if 5606 came in any other colors so I could color coordinate my interior.:confused:

Back