What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exhaust bracket missing piece - is this an available part?

tass

During the annual inspection, I found that I'm missing half of one exhaust bracket (along with the nut which was holding it on).

Are these parts which I can find somewhere? I removed the bracket from the other 2 pipes to get a clear photo, and marked the piece I'm missing:

IMG_1362.jpeg

During the annual inspection, I found that I'm missing half of one exhaust bracket (along with the nut which was holding it on).

Are these parts which I can find somewhere? I removed the bracket from the other 2 pipes to get a clear photo, and marked the piece I'm missing:

View attachment 64314
That looks like it may be from Vetterman Exhaust so worth contacting Clint:

Otherwise it would be easy enough to fabricate a copy with a bit of cutting and bending and 10 minutes welding. A muffler shop should be able to do it, I would think.

that is a vetterman part. im sure clint has a box full of them in the shop and can get one to you pretty quick.

bob burns
RV-4 N82rb

Thanks for the replies! I've emailed Clint and if he has them I'll definitely get a spare set, too.

I have a feeling it got shaken off shortly after I got the prop rebalanced a couple of weeks ago - I remember after getting the cowling back together that the pipes felt like they had a little play in them. Especially since the bolt was still attached without a nut on it; I can't imagine it holding on for very long like that.

Back