What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exhaust Agumented Cooling?

riffelj

I've just started reading about Exhaust Agumented Cooling. Looks a little tricky - but sounds like it can be effective. Anyone done any work/got one working?

Exhaust Augmented Cooling

I believe Dave Anders utilizes exhaust augmented cooling on his record setting RV-4. But be aware that his exhaust setup is only part of a SYSTEM, i.e., he optimized the airflow through his cowling for low drag (speed). I don't know if he had any cooling problems.

I'm sure there are others but Dave's 4 was the first that came to mind. Good luck!

I believe Dave Anders utilizes exhaust augmented cooling on his record setting RV-4. But be aware that his exhaust setup is only part of a SYSTEM, i.e., he optimized the airflow through his cowling for low drag (speed). I don't know if he had any cooling problems.

I'm sure there are others but Dave's 4 was the first that came to mind. Good luck!

Alan Judy has experimented in this area also. He used to hang out on this forum but I have not heard from him for some time. He posted lots of images of his effort a while back.

Back