What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Excellent Tool

Ken

Well Known Member
I have discovered a new tool (Craftsman Nextec Multi-tool) which is excellent for cutting canopy and fiberglass. I got this tool after I cut my canopy but tested it on plexiglass and it works great. I am getting great use out of it on fiberglass. It is amazing the precision it can get with this tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzhB_BhWYSI

Since the tool vibrates rather than rotates it is very safe and easy to be precise. It also does not fill the air with fiber dust. Fein was the originator of this tool and since the patents have expired several manufacturers have introduced a tool. I like the Nextec because it is cordless, small and easy to handle and has plenty of power for the way I have been using it. The Nextec series also has a nice drill.

Ken

I'll attest to the HF model for $40. It's noisier than a real Fein and has more vibration, but given the $200+ price differential (!!!) it works dang nice. :D
I used it to cut the square openings in my panel for the GRT displays. Worked like a charm.

Back