What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Epoxy purchase

KEG

Patron
Can any RV12iS builders advise me on how much epoxy resin to purchase for the entire build? I'll be using the West System products.

I built my -12 using the 1 quart kit of West Systems. Had plenty left over for other small projects. Van's plans still mentions the West Systems in Section 5.

There is also a fair amount of discussion over in the "Avionics/????/Fiberglass" forum about another Epoxy System that was demonstrated at OSH this year. Apparently is better in at least once measure of performance than West.

Having said that, and since you're doing a 12is I'll get quiet and let the "is" folks weigh in.
I'm also kind of hoping the Van's folks will weigh in on this topic after some time for research and reflection.
2cents,
Dave

I ran out with the one Quart kit, picked up a second quart, Its kind of expensive so i think if you were careful to mix what is needed one may last, needed more for the wheel pants.

Can any RV12iS builders advise me on how much epoxy resin to purchase for the entire build? I'll be using the West System products.

Buy a quart of West, it is readily available and does age so no point in having gallons on the shelf.

Back