What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Epilogue: Falsi-Fighter has COME HOME!

goatflieg

Well Known Member
Friend
Yeah, well... kinda. ;)
RV8FM 24s.jpg

Long ago I promised myself that once my plane was flying, I would have this model made. As time went on, I decided to forego the expense and spend that money on flying. After I sold my aircraft I realized there was only one way to get my beloved creation back. After doing research, I elected to place an order with Factory Direct Models. It wasn't cheap, especially since I selected the finished cockpit option, but I'm very happy with the result.
I'll post a detailed review of my experience with Factory Direct Models in the near future. But I couldn't resist sharing this now.

I had Factory Direct Models do my RV-6 many, many years ago and it still looks great. However I had them do my Legend Cub (the first production airplane sold) and after just a couple of years the paint crinkled up all over. Looks like lacquer painted over enamel. It is now terrible.

Last edited:
Yeah, well... kinda. ;)
View attachment 64697
Long ago I promised myself that once my plane was flying, I would have this model made. As time went on, I decided to forego the expense and spend that money on flying. After I sold my aircraft I realized there was only one way to get my beloved creation back. After doing research, I elected to place an order with Factory Direct Models. It wasn't cheap, especially since I selected the finished cockpit option, but I'm very happy with the result.
I'll post a detailed review of my experience with Factory Direct Models in the near future. But I couldn't resist sharing this now.
Very nice Martin. It looks great.

About what scale are these? (Wing and fuse length?) They look fantastic and I would like one made when I get the plane finished.

About what scale are these? (Wing and fuse length?) They look fantastic and I would like one made when I get the plane finished.
It works out to about 1:18 scale. The model has a wingspan of 16 inches and length of 14 inches (approximately).

Dang that's cool, I got to look into this. Martin I didn't know you sold the bird... Saw it at Osh last year, must have been a recent sale

Edit: just read your sale post. Thanks for posting that, not often I get to read something on the forums that moves me.

Last edited:
Back