What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Enlarged 3/16 holes on HS-710 and HS-714

Dogger

I got ahead of myself while disassembling the horizontal stab prior to riveting, and enlarged two of the four holes in HS-710, and HS-714 on the right side. I stopped myself before doing the other two on the left. How much of a problem will this create further down the road?

Dogger,

If you are talking about the holes that
hold the vertical on no problem. I took
one of mine up.

You can go from -3 to -4 with no problem.

Other than that you can always call VANS.

Good luck.

I think it holds the vertical on after looking at other builders websites. It's the two holes that are adjacent to the countersunk AN426 that are on HS-710, and HS-714. I don' know what I was thinking. I saw the word enlarge on the plans, so that's exactly what I did.

I don't think it will be a future problem, but was just wondering from anyone who has done this before. Like I said on the previous post, I only enlarged the two hole on the right side

I'm not on the fast track...little one at home, etc. Anyway, after I read your post, I thought "uh-oh" and went to the garage. Didn't put rivets in because there aren't any holes there, also no lightening holes in the spar stiffener panel either. So, just curious if that's what they're doing on those vert stab components on the newer kits these days.

Just curious, thanks.

Brad Knapp
Indy

Back