What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Enlarge wire hole in fuse skin

jwilbur

Well Known Member
On page 29-15, step 4 (preparing to put on the fuse side skins), the plans say to enlarge the hole in the side skin to accommodate wing wiring. I'll have a CPC connector, a coax, a pitot hose, and an AOA hose. I'd rather figure out later exactly where I want these things poking through the fuse skin. Is there any reason NOT to wait until I'm ready to attach the wing to drill these holes?

I to will do the same. I will be using a CPC bulkhead connector and the Fuselage to wing connection point, I was able to find high current pins with a larder diameter that fit the Standard CPC connector, for the Pitot Heat wires.

Wings are almost completely wired an all devices will have cpc connectors for easy maintenance. Making nice mounts for the CPC to attach to so there not laying loose in the wings. Pitot Power to Garmin control box, Roll trim servo, Garmin outside Temp sensor, wing tip quick disconnect for lights, and Marker Beacon Sensor antenna.

Ya a bit over kill but worth the extra cost and labor down the road in the future.

I to will do the same. I will be using a CPC bulkhead connector and the Fuselage to wing connection point, I was able to find high current pins with a larder diameter that fit the Standard CPC connector, for the Pitot Heat wires.

If you are planning to put a CPC bulkhead connector on the fuselage you should double check. The CPC bulkheads have a good amount of depth to them and the sidewall cavity in the fuselage is only a few inches deep. You'll also need room for the wires to curve as they go into the rear of the CPC. I had originally planned to do this but there was no room. I wound up using two standard CPCs and securing them to the wing root cover once it was connected up.

Perhaps your scenario is different though.

Back