What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engines-a-coming !

JohnF

Well Known Member
Talked to Barb this afternoon and she gave me the balance to remit, and said they have some engines and mine is about ready to ship. Hoo-ray !

It won't be long now! I had 110 hours in the engine kit.

Just a hint, paint the cooling cooling duct flat black, heat resistant paint for looks. Use gray colored high temp RTV to seal it. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited:
Lead time

John:

When did you order your engine? I am trying to figure out what their current lead time is so that I can gauge when to place my order- won't need it for a few months.

When engine ordered?

I sent a deposit on a check dated 8/31 in order to 'nail down' price...didn't need to do it as it turned out, but it makes little difference/

Surprise

Talked to Barb this afternoon and she gave me the balance to remit, and said they have some engines and mine is about ready to ship. Hoo-ray !

Don't be surprised when the first thing the directions say is to start taking the engine apart! RV friends of mine came by and saw pieces everywhere, "OMG they said, you don't take em apart, you just bolt em on!" Actually the powerplant directions are some of the best in the entire collection! Have a ball, the engine is fun.

Actually the powerplant directions are some of the best in the entire collection! Have a ball, the engine is fun.

Pete,
I am very pleased to hear that someone thinks that. A lot of effort went into trying to prevent builders from turning their expensive engine into a piece of junk.

Painting the shroud

It won't be long now! I had 110 hours in the engine kit.

Just a hint, paint the cooling cooling duct flat black, heat resistant paint for looks. Use gray colored high temp RTV to seal it. You'll be glad you did.

I painted the cooling shroud red (engine enamel), and used the red RTV.
762671941_h44ub-S.jpg

The gray RTV that I looked at said that it was rigid when cured while the red RTV stays flexible. Something to consider.
Tony

Back