What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine questions

Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
I am filling out the form for the fusledge and the finish kit.
I talked to Aerosport Engine concerning an 0-375 and a Hartzell CS Blended
airfoil prop.

What experience does anyone have with this setup? Is it worth the money to go to the 375 vs the 360. Any speed, fuel flow numbers.

thanks for any advice since I have to be able to tell VANS what motor I am going to get so they supply the right cowling.

Smilin' Jack

My suggestion is to be sure the data plate on your engine - 375 or 360 - says 180hp (and no more). If the proposed EAA/AOPA petition gets through the system, this would mean your aircraft could be flown by recreational pilots & qualify for driver license in place of FAA medical.

Dan

I have a IO-375, but can't comment on speed, fuel burn as I am not quite flying yet.

I did a bunch of research before I orderd the 375, and based on my experience fitting Vans FWF kit, anything that will fit with a 360, will work with a 375. I do not believe that there is any physical size difference.

I think all that Vans will need to know for your cowling is if you are going Carbed or fuel injected, and if you will have forward facing or upward induction.

Hope this helps,
Jason

I put a O-375 w/9:1/Hartzell on a -7. It's a couple mph faster than another -7 with a Lycon-ized O-360/8.5:1/Hartzell, uses about .3 gph more under same operating conditions. Both performed like 200hp engines. 375 & 360 are externally identical.

John Siebold

Back