What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine questions

tomkk

Well Known Member
Just received my engine and have some questions:
  • The engine registration card says I need to mail it to the authorized ROTAX distributor ... If I'm reading the Owner's Manual correctly, I need to mail it to Kodiak Research in the Bahamas. Can that be right?
  • The registration form asks for "Stamp, Signature Dealer". I guess that's Van's but it's blank.
  • The registration form asks for the prop's moment of inertia. I don't have a clue.
  • Do I have this all wrong?

Tom,

You can fill out the registration form best you can, then send or email it to Cynthia at Van's. She will register the engine for you with the appropriate agency. You will receive an email back as proof of registration.

Alex

I also just got my 912. I went on Rotax's web page and filled out the form with as much information as I knew and got confirmation I was registered from Rotax on line

I also just got my 912. I went on Rotax's web page and filled out the form with as much information as I knew and got confirmation I was registered from Rotax on line
I looked for an online registration but couldn't find one. I expected to find it on FlyRotax but I didn't see it there and more general searches weren't of much help?On which Rotax site did you find it?

Bahamas is correct

I attended Rotax iRMT training the first week of January. There was a guy from Kodiak that spent some time in our class. He answered some questions about the latest mod's to the 912 ULS & iS.

He happened to mention that the Server for the iRMT website was in his office in the Bahamas.

It can be hard copy to your regional distributor, Van or online. To make sure you are registered go online and put the engine serial number in here and it will tell you if it is registered. No registration no warranty. That said if yours isn't regitered and you have a warranty claim you are allowed to register right then and still be covered.
Better to just make sure.

http://registration.kodiakbs.com/index.php?jqk_2909321=quickcheck

Rotax registration

I remember having the same confusion/frustration with the Rotax registration "run-around". Did the data input online at some point but still didn't get "warm fuzzies" that all was in order. Ended up talking with the folks at Lockwood, got registered and some confidence that my engine is covered. The whole process could be much more straight-forward and confidence-building for a $28K purchase.

Tom,

You can fill out the registration form best you can, then send or email it to Cynthia at Van's. She will register the engine for you with the appropriate agency. You will receive an email back as proof of registration.

Alex

Exactly right ...

Thanks

Good Deal

Exactly right ...

Thanks

Hopefully Vans will make this clearer for future FWF deliveries. It is more than just a bit stressful to get directed to an outfit in the Bahamas (with sketchy web presence) for your Rotax warranty registration. Whew!

Rotax-Owner.com is where I signed up an after filling out the forms received confirmation. I have also subsequently received information so I feel confident I am properly registered and in their system.

Back