What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

engine mount...

truss

OK guys I have a problem. I am in need of either an old rv4 mount or a relaible source for the landing gear socket angles. I am having a special mount made up and the socket angles etc are very important of course. Can anyone help me please?....

Builder drawings

I believe you need the builder drawing for the short legs mount. The drawing is very detailed. In the old days the drawings were very detailed and complete. My plans set has the long leg mount. The angles were changed so the mounts are not the same. I would call Vans and have them send you a copy. They have the drawing.

Cheers,

Brian Vickers, RV4 finishing.

I guess i got ahead of myself...we need the angles for the long gear legs as that is what we have...anybody out there that can help?....thx

Truss, Perhaps you are hoping one of us with up to date build plans will send a copy. I just checked, the plan is not even for a conical mount and the dimensions you would need to build one are not there. I think VANS is your best bet. Steve.

Back