What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Mount Stand-off Clamps

ScottSchmidt

Well Known Member
The instructions talk about putting all the wires through a clamp attached to the engine mount. I can see it in some pictures but cannot for the life of me find where that step is and what clamps they are. I have spent way too much time going through the instructions so I have come here as a last resort.
Someone tell me how blind I am and where the step is.

You can see the clamps I am looking for on the right side of this picture attached to the engine mount bolted to the firewall
http://tonytessitore.smugmug.com/RV-12Project/Powerplant/10588224_48ZYn#807380288_MnyKL

45-05

Page 45-05 has a picture of the engine mount with the adel clamps attached with wires running through them.

Those clamps are supplied with, and added in the AVIONICS section of the plans - which if you are like me, you are waiting for Skyview and do not have, but are in the process of installing the engine without it. I found the whole (old) avionics section on Van's website, it has been useful. You can get those clamps at a hardware store and proceed.

Thanks

OK, that makes no sense that you have to have that kit to do the engine wiring. Can someone tell me what clamps, bolt, nut and washers are called out.

Wait before passing wires through the firewall until you have the avionics kit. Otherwise cables with big ends like the GPS antenna cable will not fit through the firewall grommet with a bunch of other wires in the way. Don't ask how I know. :D
Joe Gores

42-11

OK, that makes no sense that you have to have that kit to do the engine wiring. Can someone tell me what clamps, bolt, nut and washers are called out.

Scott, here it is:
i-qMXpsRm-M.jpg

The clamps are MS21919DG8
Bolt AN3-3A
Nut MS21042-3
No washers called out
Be advised, this could very well be different with the Skyview update.

Tony

Uh Oh.

Too late, we are just about finished with the engine wiring except the page that discusses the connections to the panel since we are waiting for the Skyview. Sounds like we are going to have to be creative.

Wait before passing wires through the firewall until you have the avionics kit. Otherwise cables with big ends like the GPS antenna cable will not fit through the firewall grommet with a bunch of other wires in the way. Don't ask how I know. :D
Joe Gores

I think that data wires, not coax, will come from the dynon skyview gps antenna, which I think is a combination antenna-receiver. So there shouldn't be that coax fitting problem.

Back