What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine mount bolt holes

uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
Getting ready to work on the firewall forward section and in checking the engine mount I received with the finish kit it appears to have holes for 6 bolts, one in each corner and two equidistant on the lower horizontal member. The fuselage only has 4 holes at the corners and a quick check of the drawings does not appear to show the other 2 holes.
Are these extra holes to allow for multiple installations and can be ignored on my RV-7 or have I missed something on the drawings? Mount is for 0-360.

Dave :confused:

Dave,
You need to drill all six holes. The lower two in the middle drill through an angle bracket that joins a pair of vertial angles on the fire wall and mating floor longerons. I'll post a picture later if it'll help.
Jim Sharkey

Engine mount holes

Thanks, I will check the drawings again tonight as I did not see them on the firewall layout. I have a QB fuselage and the four corner holes were predrilled.

lowerenginemountboltsst3.jpg

Dave,
The lower mid bolt heads are shown towards the botom of the above photo. Hope it helps.
Jim Sharkey

Back