What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Crane - $104!

grjtucson

Well Known Member
Folks have asked about Harbor Freight recently, here is an example of a pretty extraordinary deal.

I needed an engine crane and my friend who was going to loan me his ended up needing it about the same time. I sorta wanted my own anyway, especially a foldable one :)

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93840

It was on sale today for $129 instead of $164, and I had a 20% off coupon. Total was less than $104 before tax. It is quite nice, particularly for that price :) Tools like this, where precision is less important, are a perfect example where HF works well.

George

Good Hoist

I've got that exact engine hoist and have used it MANY times pulling the motor on my son's old Dart. Works great, absolutely no complaints. Folds very compact. Hope to be using it to hang a 4 cylinder in about 2 years!

I also have the same engine hoist and it has been a real work horse, for me, my son and some neighbors. They can't be beat at that price.

Wil Heslin
RV-7

Crane

I have one too, and love it. Word of advice. Always leave the ram totally deflated. Especially in damp areas. The ram will rust.

Steve Barnes the Builders Coach

Back