What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Controls

JimP

Does anyone have a good dimension for on-center distance between Throttle, Prop, and Mixture vernier controls? Arrangement will be horizontal under the panel.
Jim

JimP said:
Does anyone have a good dimension for on-center distance between Throttle, Prop, and Mixture vernier controls? Arrangement will be horizontal under the panel.
Jim

My RV-6 is 2.25 center to center. Carb heat is 2" left of throttle.

I like them as close as possible. You could use 2 3/8 if 2 1/4 is too close in your cockpit. IMHO, you need at least 2.25 to be able to turn the nuts on the back side of the panel. Not sure if you flew with me when you lived in the San Jose area but I know you have seen my setup.

I have control cables from Aircraft Spruce that look like they came out of a Cessna. If you are using Van's cables, you may need more space.

I am at the hangar and was able to measure it.

When is the Project Police going to visit your project?

PP Visit

Thanks Gary.

Hummm, going to be a while I suppose since it's in Redmond, WA. Maybe next year if they make it to Arlington.

Jim

One measurement

JimP said:
Jim

Jim,

I measured my Grumman Tiger as a reference for my panel.

No blue knob... :) ... but the three knobs that are there are spaced 2.5 inches apart.

gil in Tucson

One thing to think about is control stick clearence. I had to move mine closer together once I had the controls rigged and discovered the stick could hit the throttle and mixture controls.

Neil

Back