What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Bolt Question

shiney

Well Known Member
I mounted the engine tonight, it went well although there was a great deal of pushing and pulling. After we cracked a beer to celebrate, we set about to torque the bolts only to realise that we had put the longer bolts in the top and the shorter ones in the bottom. Not a problem to replace the bottom ones as these will come out fairly easy without much pain. The problem is with the top two, they won't come out without un-hooking the engine from the mount. To get the bolt holes in line with the castle nuts there are now four washers on these bolts, do you think this is OK or would you replace the bolts - I know it's a fair size job to do but I'm willing to do it if necessary!

Last edited:
3 washers maximum is the accepted norm!

The upper bolts shouldn't be a problem to remove if you have the lower bolts tight and lift the front of the engine. This should compress the upper mounts enough to make the bolts easily removable.

I hope so

I hope its OK because I did the same thing. Got so excited about mounting the engine that I switched up the bolts. I got up early the next morning and switched them around before anyone else was up. The threads seemed fine on the bolt.

Back