What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ELT ACK E-04

Gagarin737

Well Known Member
I received my ACK E-04 ELT and revision 42F.
When you install the ELT according plans it will not fit. The aft side will interfere with the edge and fuel tank. You have to install the ELT more forward (9/16"). The forward edge of the bracket will be almost flush with the structure.
Besides that when you install the brackets according plan you'll not be able to open/close the straps. The forward buckle interferes with the structure.

After install there is a procedure to check the GPS input but it failed. I checked all wires to the ELT (GND/12V/GPS data in/GPS out).
Do I have to alter the setup for the serial output from the Dynon or must it work out of the box?

img2493q.jpg

img2488td.jpg

Sorry, Joeri. This ELT installation is totally different than the US version. Not sure about the GPS hookup either. I remember reading 5hat it needed the data in some particular format,Skyview wouldn't not provide but I might be wrong. I left my blue wire disconnected.
Wish I could be of more help...

Thanks anyway.
I also read something about the Skyview not delivering the GPS data at this moment but I can not find the info anymore. I also posted the question at the Dynon forum, will see.
It's not something European, Jack received the Artex. There were some problems delivering the Artex, guess they changed to another brand.

So for builders receiving the ACK: plans 42f are not correct. The bracket needs to be installed 9/16" more forward.

Back