What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Elevator trim question

bob888

Well Known Member
I have VP-X pro and G3X system. Elevator trim works perfectly but the indicator on the PFD has movement in the reverse of proper direction and is not calibrated...that is, the indicator hits the bottom of the range on screen but the elevator still has further to go. I can't seem to find out how to correct this in either the VP-X or the Garmin instructions. Anyone out there have this solved...if so please help.

You will need to reverse the 2 wires from the trim sensor to the GEA24 at pins 18 and 20 or at the sensor (org and blu), see page 27-6 of the G3X IM.

Then recalibrate the sensor on the EIS setup, page 32-57 talks about flap/trim calibration.

Thanks Walt...much appreciated. I was looking for a software solution but swapping the wires should be easy.

Maybe not. IIRC With the VP-200 you can invert the "polarity" of the sensor reading in the trim setup--no need to swap wires. However I'm not familiar with the VPX setup so that might not be possible.

I think the is a software solution

If you use the VP-X configuration program, you should be able to reverse the leads on any trim sensor.. (from memory.. so there is I think attached...)

Jack

Back