What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Elevator Tab faired?

papamike

Well Known Member
I've got my trim tab all assembled, and the bottom outboard end doesn't seem to be faired with the elevator. The trailing edge lines up, and the inboard edge is fine. There is also a gap between the lower leading edge and the elevator skin. Is this anything to worry about? I'm not sure what I could have done differently.

P1030997.JPG

Thanks

Pete, I looked at the pictures on your web site and it appears to me that you incorporated a little bit of a curve in the surfraces of your fabricated ribs, when in fact the trim tab and elevator surfaces should be flat. I think this could be the source of your issue, but in any case I would just keep smilin and build on.

Those ribs aren't installed yet. I was thinking about trimming them down, but the tab skin has a bow to it.

Perhaps the bend in the skin is not enough? It should be enough that the skin holds the exact angle you want, you should not have to flex it over to meet the trim tab spar.

Back