What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Elevator Servo Pushrod Length?

tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
All,

I am in the process of converting my manual elevator trim to electric. I can't seem to find a dimension for what to trim the pushrod to? I'm guessing I can just center the servo in its travel and align the trailing edges (and cut it to length), but I was hoping that there might be a direct dimension to trim it to?

Thanks,
Scott
7A Finishing

Convert manual to electric

Scott, how did your retro-fit of electric elevator trim go? I just finished wing and I want to go back and add electric trim to my elevator. I'm ordering electric aileron trim with fuselage kit. So is it difficult to make the change after the elevator and trim tab are done? Do you have any helful tips for doing this change? Did you use solid rivets redoing the control horn on the trim tab? Did you have to drill out many rivets? Got any good photos? Thanks [email protected]

Last edited:
SG,

Not it really was not hard at all to retrofit. You have to drill out and replace the horn on the trim tab that the clevis attaches to. To make life easier I just riveted the new horn with MK-319 rivets. The servo itself drops right in once attached to the new cover plate. You just need to relieve some of the opening to allow for servo arm/pushrod.

Let me know if any other questions...I think you will find it very straightforward to do.

Scott
7A

Back