What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electrical Wire route through spare area

Boxhead

I'm New Here
Cant find it in archives but have seen it before. Anyone know were to look? Saw a diagram once or twice on routing. Any help would be great. Can another hole be drilled through centre spare or not? Any ideas?
Cheers Boxhead

Are you trying to do this for an aft mounted battery. if so look on drawing 22 or 25 and see note3

Another hole is okay...

I spoke to the guys at Van's a while back and they said an additional hole in the spar is okay to run the wiring through.

Paul
RV-6A
N694BP reserved

Different Van's Answer

I called Van's just the other day about this and spoke with Ken - and got a 20 minute lecture on how I was putting way too much stuff in the airplane if I had already filled up the 4 holes they give us. He actually said, "I've never seen an RV with two radios in it." ... and that, "That's as crazy as putting in something like a VOR."

In the end he relented to my unashamed deviation from "Van's intentions" for the plane and told me an extra hole would be ok if it was at least 1.5" from the others and best if it stayed near a doubler.

Probably best place is directly above the one called for in the spar that lies so close to the out board doubler that the plans have you shave off a flat on the snap bushing.

Back