What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric trim woes

Sam Staton

Well Known Member
Something like the last post - I bought my kit from a previous builder (the third owner of the kit) and have had to deal with significant issues. As a lessons learned item - a bit of caution - when you buy a kit already started, expect unpleasant surprises. I have found a number of things that weren't done or weren't finished. Easy to forget something that you were going to do later and then forgot to tell the new owner about .... Anyway - the reason for this post - my kit is a 1989 vintage kit - prior to electric trim. It a had been some what modified to allow the trim servo to fit, but one issue not resolved is the fact that the servo on the RV7 mounts a good bit outboard of the RV6 mount point. As a result, the forward inboard corner of the servo hits the inboard stab rib and won't go into place. I suspect I can just trim the corner and re-position the mounting screw, but I thought I would check with the knowledge base here. Has anyone else dealt with this? If so, how did you resolve it? Thanks in advance!

Sam

Back