What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric Fuel Pump Failure?

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
After landing and adding fuel to the airplane today, I suddenly realized I wasn't hearing the usual fuel pump pump pounding noise. TTAF is 367. Check showed 0 (well, .8, in the noise level) psi. Fans were running so the fuse is OK. I think I've read somewhere here about giving the bloody thing a good hard rap. It was a VERY bumpy flight, even at 85-90 kts.. so it's possible something was picked up (lost track of how many times we flushed the tank after last "fix").

Question 1: I would assume it should be whacked with power off, but????

Question 2: Is there a better replacement than Van's part?

Question 3: Looks like the tank must be drained first-- easy with the pump running but????? My best thought is to remove the nosewheel (again!!) to get a downhill angle but that may not be enough. For those who have done this, how?

Thanks again for all the help

Wayne 120241/143WM

Governor Valcik's pump quit and we just removed the center cover in the baggage area and rapped it once with the but end of a hammer and it came back to life. I think it lasted a few hours but did eventually die.

Same here.... Just a couple light taps and it came back. Power was on I think. Still going and that was about 80 hours ago.

Back