What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric Flap Weldment

AJ85WA

Well Known Member
Hey Guys

Im just about to place a order for the electric flap kit for the Rv6. I am going to modify my manual weldment as shipping to austrlia is way too much.

Can anybody please tell me the dimentions of the arms so I can start fabricating it before the kit arrives? Does anything else change? angle of arms ect? drawing would be super :)

weldment.jpg

And also I see on the electric flap conversion that it gets mounted aft of the F-605 bulckhead and not infront like I have done it. Can it be uded like this? what are the reasons for mounting it aft?

Thanks in Advance
AJ

Here you go....

The forward facing weldment (connects to the flap motor) is 8 1/8 inches center of main tube to center of bearing bolt hole.
The rear facing weldments (connecting to the flaps through linkages) is 6 3/16 inches center of main tube to center of bearing bolt hole.
Those measurements were increased by Vans in 2001 in Revision 1 to the DWG EF6-1. Old measurements were 8" and 6" exactly. I don't know why they were increased.
You can re use the center F660 UHMW block but you turn it around so the long side is facing rearward and new holes in the floor.
You can re use the side UHMW blocks but they need a 3/8 inch thick spacer between the UHMW block and the back side of the F605 bulkhead.
The relative angle between the front and rear extensions remains the same at 23.5 degrees.

Last edited:
I've got the electric flap weldment and would prefer manual flap if you would consider a swap. Located in Christchurch New Zealand so shipping yours to me might be a bit better than getting parts from the US. Drop me an email if you're interested, [email protected]
Thanks,
Craig Clapham

And also I see on the electric flap conversion that it gets mounted aft of the F-605 bulckhead and not infront like I have done it. Can it be uded like this? what are the reasons for mounting it aft?

Thanks in Advance
AJ

If you mount the cross tube on the front side of the bulkhead the actuator arm will hit the brace at the front of the flap electric power "box". If you move this brace all sorts of other mods will be needed...:)

Thanks Guys

WenEng, thank you for the detailed response :)
and thanks Gil It nice to know why things need to be done rather than just doing it.

Cheers

WenEng, thank you for the detailed response :)
and thanks Gil It nice to know why things need to be done rather than just doing it.

Cheers

Also, it you have a tip-up watch for interference between the front brace of the flap drive "box", the cross tube of the canopy latch and the seat back. You might have to move things around a little to make it all fit.
Move the bits and then drill...:)

Back