What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric Flap Multi Position Toggle Switch

Charlie,

The VP-X needs an (on)-off-(on) flap switch, which is momentary up and momentary down, with a center off position. They are very common.

With this switch and the VP-X you can configure intermediate stops and also bumping it up brings the flaps up.

Thanks. Im just trying to find an actual switch for my planning. I've seen some that are that sort of toggle but have a handle like the link I sent.

Try Pacific Coast Avionics

at www.pca.aero. Their p/n pca-flap switch. Very high quality, but expensive ~$90.00. Like mine. Flap shaped handle is just made from aluminum and painted / powder coated. They tapped a hole for mounting to the threaded switch handle with a set screw to keep it from rotating.

Aerotronics also sells a custom made flap shaped switch. Call them and ask for Gary. Be sure to get the momentary up-down switch, as they also come in an on-off-(on) configuration.

on-off-(on)

is what I used. I like being able to dump all my flaps with one switch motion. I installed a limit switch in the up circuit to shut off power to the flap motor in the flap up position.

Yes, the on-off-(on) is used with traditional wiring and flap circuits.

Those features are built into the VP-X so it requires an (on)-off-(on).

Back