What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

elec elev trim travel

pilot2512

Well Known Member
Finally going back and fitting the elevators to the horiz stab. While I was at it I went ahead and installed the electric trim motor. I set the motor to midrange and made the tab flush with the stab. I hooked everything up and ran the motor thru its full range. I get about 20 degrees trailing edge down and about 28 degress trailing edge up. All I see in the final inspection is 25-35 max and no min. Is this about right?

Finally going back and fitting the elevators to the horiz stab. While I was at it I went ahead and installed the electric trim motor. I set the motor to midrange and made the tab flush with the stab. I hooked everything up and ran the motor thru its full range. I get about 20 degrees trailing edge down and about 28 degress trailing edge up. All I see in the final inspection is 25-35 max and no min. Is this about right?

Tab should have more deflection down than up (most of teh elevator trim you ever use will be in the up direction).
I thought the manual had a recommendation, but if not, a rough guide of 2/3rds down and 1/3rd up is a good approximation.

Back