What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EIS 4000 problem

rstisser

I have an EIS 4000 which has performed well for over 400 hrs in my RV6A. Recently on a trip from FLA to ILL the tach quit. I have the Van's pulse generator and thought that it might be the problem and checked. It seems to be operating and sending a pulse to the unit. All wiring has continuity but no RPM reading. I did notice something in the process of working on the thing. When the EIS is first powered up it momentarily reads "@370" in the space where RPM is displayed. Looks like it could be an error code of some sort, but I cannot find any info on this. I would really appreciate any ideas the group has about this. Randy

I'd call Sandy at Grand Rapids. I've had very good customer support from her during my nearly 4 years and 440 hrs. of operation in my -7A.

That shoudn't imply that I've had issues with my EIS-4000. It has worked flawlessly. At power-up, I have never seen any unusual indications like the "@370" that you mention. Hope this helps.

Back