What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EGTprobes

todehnal

Well Known Member
The last steps in the exhaust installation is to install the EGT probes, route the wires as described, then to attach the female connectors to the red and yellow leads, housed in the two remaining brown insulated shield sets in the firewall forward harness labeled EGT left, and EGT right. Hey, there are no male terminal ends on these wires. Wow! Did I miss a page, or a few steps somewhere here? Makes me wonder what else I may have messed. Hopefully, all I need to do is to install male plugs on these wires, and hook them up. Anyone else notice this missing steps, or did I skip something??...........Tom

No 45A

You need to supply the terminals. Page 45A-06 step 6.

I don't even have a section 45A!! Where did you get it? I wonder why I didn't get that section?? It isn't even listed in update section at Van's??? If section 45A was covered in one of the other sections that I did receive, then this step must have been eliminated. I wonder what else I missed??

Discouraging to say the least.

Can you feel my frustration??..............Tom

Tom, look for the plans called`Firewall Forward Wiring Harness'. Mine are dated 10/24/11 and came with the powerplant kit as far as I can recall. However, if I look at the `roadmap' diagram on page 01-01 (02/26/09), the same plans are numbered 50, not 45A. It seems Vans have altered the plans numbering sequence over time, further complicated of course by the introduction of the Skyview conversion plans. If like me, you bought your sub-kits over time, it can be confusing and frustrating, but clearly this kit is continually evolving and getting better.

Thanks RGMWA

Thanks Roger

Your post caused me to go back through section 45, which is what I have, rather than 45A. Sure enough, on page 05, steps 11 ans 12 lead you through these EGT wiring connections. I marked these steps with pencil dots, rather than check marks, as "I did not have the engine installed when I installed that harness, and failed to go back and do it, after installing the engine. Oh well. Sorry for my rant. Anyway, I'm a happy camper again and am building on. What a fantastic builders group we have here...............Tom

Look those terminals over carefully

Look those terminals over carefully. All of my Electronics International sensor interfaces have a male terminal on one lead and a female on the other even though at a gross overview level the all look like female terminals. Probably doesn't affect your installation but it doesn't hurt to take a closer look.

Bob Axsom

Back