What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EGT Sensor Installation Pictures

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - working on fitting all the engine sensors. I've done a search here and I've seen several mentions from folks to be careful when mounting EGT sensors so that they don't impend maintence down the road....

I really don't want to drill any extra holes in my shiny new exhaust. Can anyone post a picture or two of where they have mounted their EGT sensors on their 7A?

Thanks,
Jason

I can send you a photo of where not to mount them.
Hint..Do not block the Spark plug access. Think socket wrench extension.

Here's how I did mine, with a Vetterman exhaust, O-320. You'll find a few more pictures in that album.

Cylinder 3 constrained the entire installation because of the weldment you can see. I found it impossible to avoid installing some of the probes on curves, and have #3 in a reasonable place.

These are Dynon probes. I was wondering how you can drill holes in the exhaust, install the probes, and then keep it from leaking. The instructions say to drill 1/8" holes. The probes are a TIGHT fit, and I had to use the clamps to pull the probes all the way down. I was worried the clamps would fail. After that, I think I understand why they don't leak.

Haven't started the engine since it was installed, so I have yet to find out how well this location works.

Back