What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EFII with Throttle Quadrant - what to do w/ mixture lever?

sritchie

Well Known Member
Hey all,

I'm leaning toward installing an EFII fuel injection and ignition system in my RV10. I'd planned to go with a throttle quadrant as well, but hadn't realized until today's research that the EFII system removes the need for a mixture control.

What do you guys recommend? Just removing that lever? Going with a two-lever quadrant, and labeling the **** out of the red lever so folks know that it's actually a prop control? Or just going with push/pull cables?

Such are the problems of the modern plane builder.

Check with Dayton. I think he can sell you a two lever cover plate and spacers. That way, if you ever drop the EFIS system it will be easy to put the red lever in. (I would probably drill the hole in the firewall for the mixture cable and just plug it for now.)

Ejector Seat

I plan on just leaving mine there. (Although I may now get i touch with that guy and see if I can do something custom)....

My plan has been...... After inspection, to label it "Ejector Seat" to mess with people. :D

Dang, wish I'd been sinister enough to think of that. A skydiving friend of mine keeps bugging me to put in a door in the passenger floor for him to fall out from. That unused mixture lever would've been perfect.

Back