What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EFII Pump Install Pictures

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - thought that I would post some pictures of the EFII installtion I am putting in my RV-7A. FYI – I worked with Tom from TS Flightlines. He made the SS lines from the Andair valve to the filter inlet, the SS line from the filter outlet to the pump inlet, and the braided line from the pump outlet to the Firewall fitting. Overall, this installation went pretty smoothly.

If anyone sees anything that I should tweak, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jason

21oziwo.jpg

34otqoo.jpg

16hsoxc.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a very clean set up...what was length of the braided line needed from the pump to the firewall?

Looks like a very clean set up...what was length of the braided line needed from the pump to the firewall?

I don't know the exact measurement. I sent Tom from TS Flightlines some measurements, and he made it to fit. I think he made some measurements and may know the exact legnth.

Jason

A couple of things

Hi Jason,

Looks very clean. Just a couple of things. 1) Where the fuel line goes through the little bulkhead, be sure to protect the line. 2) Just below where the same line attaches to the Fuel selector insulate the lines from each other to avoid chaffing. 3) The line from the pump forward, it needs to be insulated from the floor and the cover. A few wraps of the silicone tape to form a grommet will work.

Somebody told me when I was building, "if it can chaff it will chaff." I now keep that in mind for all plumbing and wiring runs.

Cool rudder pedal extensions BTW!!!!:D

Hi Jason,

Looks very clean. Just a couple of things. 1) Where the fuel line goes through the little bulkhead, be sure to protect the line. 2) Just below where the same line attaches to the Fuel selector insulate the lines from each other to avoid chaffing. 3) The line from the pump forward, it needs to be insulated from the floor and the cover. A few wraps of the silicone tape to form a grommet will work.

Somebody told me when I was building, "if it can chaff it will chaff." I now keep that in mind for all plumbing and wiring runs.

Cool rudder pedal extensions BTW!!!!:D

Thanks for the suggestions... I ordered black snap grommets today for that hole. As for the fuel line chaffing, you really can't see it, but the fuel line is supported by a couple of Adel clamps hanging under the top floor board - which hopefully will prevent any chaffing.

Thanks again,
Jason

Here's a quick picture to show how I supported the fuel line under the top plate.

28gr2h5.jpg

I also measured the line from the fuel pump exit to the FWF fitting.

It is 20.75" from the center of the 90 fitting to the end of the nut on the other end.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Yup - the fuel lines from the valve to the tanks are braided.... I tried to use solid AL lines, but found my talents lie elsewhere than bending AL lines.....

Back