What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EDS-4ip distribution unit mounting location

GTWreck

I'm trying to plan out the wiring and plumbing for my RV-10. I am installing a Mountain High EDS-4ip system for O2. I am putting an overhead console in the cabin. I have considered mounting the distribution units in the overhead console, but I am a little concerned about my ability to service those units if they're mounted in there. I have also considered putting the front seat units in the panel (near where the headphone jacks will go), and the rear seat units in the armrest area.

For those who have installed this O2 system, where have you located the distribution units? Pictures would be helpful.

Thanks in advanced,
Aaron

Aaron,

Wayne Edgerton has the best mounted positions I have seen and I followed suit...contact me (PM) with your email address and I'll forward on the photos unless somebody beats me to it and uses the picassa route..I never can remember my logon to do that. I planned on doing the overhead thing but wasn't worth the effort after seeing his install. Deem Davis did install his in the overhead but it's a manifold needle valve system, not the Mt. High pulse demand baro sensing setup...which, by the way I find very trick and I'll let everyone know after I use it if it's worth the $$$ but all who have one says it is.

Mountain High

I mounted mine in my center console....I will look but I don't think I have any pictures.

Also, I have used the system 5 times now and I think it is the cat meow....

PM if you want more information...

rene at felker dot com

Rene,

Given that everyone sucks at different levels;) What kind of comsumption are you looking at and have you had to pull the bottle to fill or has the FBO's been able to service the O2 using the filling mainfold provided by Mt. High?

Servicing the overhead

If you are using the accuracy avionics overhead I'd have to recommend to lean away from that idea. My RV-10 is not flying yet but wings are atatched and engine is ordered so take my credibility with a grain of salt. My overhead panel (as it's installed right now) would be very difficult to service O2 unless you could get to everything through the one access panel which in my opinion is unlikley.

Pics from Rick

Rick sent me these pictures. Since he said he didn't remember his Picasa login, I'll post them to share with the group.

015.JPG

011.JPG

O2 Fill

Rick
I did not check when I got back from Casper, but to and from Vegas I only used about 100 LBS....two people on O2 for about 3.5 hours. Randy had told me I would not have to fill it up often and that looks true. I think I started at 1500 and I was down to 1100 after Vegas. I think I used more O2 testing, than in the air.

I put a fill port on the rear bulkhead, and the local FBO will come fill it at the hanger. I will have to do a lot more flying before I need to get it filled......

With my old portable system I would have had to fill the tank on each leg. My wife does not fly above 10K with O2....or she get air sick.

Back