What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ECI engine mounting

bweiss

Well Known Member
I am about to mount my IO 360 ECI engine to an RV7A and wanted to know what size spacer is needed on the oilfilter to clear the mount. Recall that the ECI kit comes with the oil filter at a 45 degree cant.

Second question, the oil pressur tap is located such that it looks like it will interfere with the mount. Has anyone had to move the tap from the basic 45 degree position to face backwards with a straight fitting.

Thanks.

I didn't need any spacers on the oil filter.. and I used a rear-facing port for oil pressure, so there was no interference with anything..

A spacer between the oil filter adapter and the accessory case is not needed. I moved the oil pressure fitting so the oil pressure hose will clear the right magneto.

Using the 90 degree ECI oil filter adapter means you'll also need: A 45 degree fitting for the oil cooler return line, Vans tach drive extension cable (if using Vans vtach gen), and to re-route the engine breather tube around the oil filter.

all part of that 51%,
Steve

RE:ECi Build

I am at the conclusion of the installation of my ECi IO360 engine install. I have ECi's new fuel injection/horizontal ram air induction throttle body.

It has been a real challengeing but satisfying installation process. The last delimma is the ail breather install. The 90 degree oil filter does creat a challenge to the normal mounting procedure. I did spend quite a bit of time on the ram air induction plenum/ram air cowl attachment to the ram air throttle body.

Do as much as you can witht he engine off of the mounts as it does get pretty tight when it it on the mounts.

Frank @ SGU....1L8....last 10000000000000000000000 details....nearing that move to the airport.

RV8 ECI IO360

First time with new engine mounted looks like I need at least the .75" oil filter housing extension:
url]

I think

The RV 8 mount is different and requires the 45 degree spacer, but the 7 definately does not.

As for me I got fed up with the 45 degree adaptor dumping oil everywhere when I changed the filter..so I changed it fir the straight back style and am much happier.

Frank

Oil pressure tap

I have a RV6 with a o-320. I have a 45 degree AN fitting off the oil pressure tap. It is too close to the upper right engine mount. I do not know about the 360. I would look at this close before bolting the engine in for good.

Back