What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eaton fast blow fuses

wirejock

Well Known Member
I need a few quality blade fuses. I'm told buy Eaton.
Is that the same Eaton Bussman fuses sold in Auto Parts or is there a special Eaton Fast Blow blade fuse? Where do I buy them? I need 3A and 2A. They are circuits not on my Advanced Control Module.
I found Eaton Fast Blow ATC blade fuses on Digikey. Hopefully, they are the correct fuses.

Last edited:
Most auto parts stores will carry the Bussman product. They are their “fast acting” or normal speed fuses. Yes, they are Eaton products. There are a couple others brands like Littlefuse, Mercen, Blue Sea, all probably meet the same specs.

My understanding about fuses: Slow blow are there because of transient power requirements (like turning the unit on). Protecting my sensitive electronics in my airplane is the reason I use fast blow fuses in mine, and mine are Eaton/Bussmann fuses from my auto parts store.

Last edited:
Just a side note, fuses are there to protect the wire, not the device. They react to current heating the element, nothing more.
Consider a recent thread on an over voltage event, a fuse will do little to protect from that.

Fuse

Just a side note, fuses are there to protect the wire, not the device. They react to current heating the element, nothing more.
Consider a recent thread on an over voltage event, a fuse will do little to protect from that.

Yes. The fuse panel for the aforementioned devices is on the cirewall. It protects the wires going inside.
Before anyone asks, there are two breakers protecting the P-Mag circuits going back through the firewall to the mags.
Everything else has a circuit on the ACM.

Back