What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAA test Card 6. I need some clarity.

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Hey guys. This is the test card that deals with stalls. According to the accompanying flight test manual, you fly each configuration 3 times to reduce variability, but you also fly it at 4 different weight/cg combos.

This guidance doesn't seem to match up at all with the configuration matrixes on the test card.

Can someone please look at this test card and explain it to me like I'm 5? especially the first matrix for Idle power flaps up. What goes in all the extra "run" boxes?

Attachments

• IMG_9970.jpeg
    IMG_9970.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
The matrices throughout the test cards are all designed to record data for a single CG (making them not actually that useful as a place to write down data if you're flying the same card at multiple CGs). I'm pretty sure that's a misprint on that first grid, and the columns should match the other two below.

I didn't use the supplied grids to capture data at all. With very high fidelity data logging, I found it better to focus on executing the test procedure and then review the data on the ground later. I wrote up a flight specific test card (and each flight included parts of many of the EAA test cards) and added space for the notes I actually wanted to capture in flight (about feel, not numbers).

Back