What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

E-Drill Bushing

Bob Ellis

Well Known Member
I note that in Bag 1001 of the RV-10 Empennage/Tailcone kit is:
1.000 E-DRILL BUSHING DRILL BUSHING

I understand that this is for inserting through VA146 HS Hinge Bearing and has an inside diameter of 3/32" and 1/4" OD. I am an 8A builder and I have tried to us a bushing from another builder but it is precisely 0.250" and my bearing diameter will only allow 0.247"

Q. Could someone put a micrometer on their E-Drill Bushing and let me know the result to 3 decimal places? If its 0.247" I'll order one from Vans

Regards

Bob
UK

Mine didn't fit at first either. Plans say to chuck it in a drill press and run a file on it to turn the outer diameter down a bit. This has to be done a half at a time. Took about ten minutes of fussing to get it to slip in the bearing. If you order from Vans, you'll get a bushing that won't fit until you turn it, plus the delays and cost of shipping and handling charges to the UK.

Thanks John for the reply and sorry for the delay in replying but have been away on vacation - I'll buy an e-bushing and file it down as you suggest.

Back