What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

E-619PP-1-020 Trim Tab Skin

NewGuy

I was so sure that I was going to mess up bending the tabs on the trim tab skin that I ordered another skin from Van's.

The original turned out just fine, so I have an unopened box with the skin in it.

Did it right the first time!

I've got $30 tied up in it: $18 for the skin, $4 for handling and $8 for shipping.

Anybody want to make me an offer?

My QB wings and fuse is on one of Mr. Partains' trailers someplace, just waiting to hear from him about when it will be deliivered- any day now, hopefully...

Ken Korenek
Arlington, Texas

My trim tab turned out good the first time to. I was really happy until I got to the part where I had to bend the elevator tabs. How did those turn out for ya? Mine were ok but I thought they were alot harder than the trim tabs. Anyone else think so to? Also after doing the elevator tabs, I looked it over and thought that you could fabricate a piece of aluminum to put in and rivet shut just as easily as bending. I think if someone really messed them up, you could snip them off and try that approach.

Trim Tab Skin

My first skin did not turn out well at all. The bends looked like doo doo. I cut the tabs off and made riblets for the tab. They worked fine and I planned to use them. Then I dropped the elevator trying to maneuver it in the basement. @#$%!! The only damage was the trim tab skin. So I ordered a new skin and bent the tabs perfect this time. If anyone wants to use riblets, let me know. I will bend up a set for $20.00 shipped in the CUS. These work for the 7 and 8 only. Sorry for the shameless plug. Need to finance my wings.

Dave Nellis

NewGuy said:
I was so sure that I was going to mess up bending the tabs on the trim tab skin that I ordered another skin from Van's.
The original turned out just fine, so I have an unopened box with the skin in it.
It's called insurance; If you have a spare, you won't need it.
Had you NOT ordered a spare, you may have needed it.

Back