What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon vs AFS

RV6-KPTW

Well Known Member
Is anyone aware of threads that provide a pro / con between Dynon Skyview screens and AFS screens?

I have been flying behind Dynon for a while (2011) and am starting a new build (RV10) and like what I see on the AFS screens.

Thanks

I preferred the AFS over Dynon or Garmin because

I prefer the buttons/knobs over drop-down menus. I had the AFS 5600 and, while having used Dynon/Garmin screens, enjoyed the AFS. I am sure the new 6600 by AFS will be even better in your -10.

Everyone will generally prefer what they train on or use extensively.

Ron

I went through that a few years ago, decided on AFS (dual 5600's). I think both are fantastic options, but I too like the layout of the AFS over Dynon. The new 5700 's look even better.

Support is great on both- but it's really hard to beat Rob and team.

I have 5400's on a Dynon SV network. I like the AFS but could easily live with either. I'm used to my EFIS's as they are but I'm confident that I could get used to Dynon and be just as happy. That said...personal support from Rob et al is excellent. Then again, phone support from Dynon is good too and they have a very robust support forum.

Prefer AFS

What I like about the AFS is you are only one button away from everything. A row of buttons along the bottom and side with 3 knobs. Easy and intuitive. I’ve used G3X the last 2 yrs because that’s what my current plane came with and customer service excellent. The 6600 has a better processor than the 5600. I believe the 5600, Dynon HDX, G3X, GRT HX have nearly the same processor.

Correction: I think something got deleted or left out somehow. I meant the AFS customer service is excellent. Everyone else is pretty good for tech support but AFS has always been excellent. I installed the 5600 in my 6A and used it nearly 4 yrs until I sold my plane

Last edited:
Thanks folks. I need to sit in front of an AFS screen and see how it “feels”.

If you are anywhere near the Portland area, I suggest you stop by AFS and they will gladly sit you down and demo all of their products. Rob, Jenny and the whole gang are terrific!

I had this thought just a short while after Sun N Fun…. Sure I could have cured this itch there. Anybody near Sebastian / Melbourne/ Vero Beach?

Thanks

Back