What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Skyview (classic) connected to Garmin G175, working but no ADSB-in received to Garmin 175

cxb003

I'm New Here
Greetings,.

I have successfully connect the Dynon and Garmin. but according to this image below. If I connect GPS 175 pin 8 (yellow) with Resister to Transponder 261 pin 3 (yellow), Should my Garmin receive ADSB-in? Garmin is not showing ADSB-in information, only Dynon Skyview is. Also GPS 175 pin 51 (Green) does this pin need to be connected to something? Is it an active ground connect, (in-case you need a ground connection for wiring) or is this a non-active ground connect, and I am suppose to have this pin to a ground terminal somewhere.. Currently GPS 175 pin 51 (green) is not connected to anything.

GPS-175-to-Dynon-SkyView-System-With-Config-2.jpg

Greetings,.

I have successfully connect the Dynon and Garmin. but according to this image below. If I connect GPS 175 pin 8 (yellow) with Resister to Transponder 261 pin 3 (yellow), Should my Garmin receive ADSB-in? Garmin is not showing ADSB-in information, only Dynon Skyview is. Also GPS 175 pin 51 (Green) does this pin need to be connected to something? Is it an active ground connect, (in-case you need a ground connection for wiring) or is this a non-active ground connect, and I am suppose to have this pin to a ground terminal somewhere.. Currently GPS 175 pin 51 (green) is not connected to anything.
Okay, some confusion here. The Garmin GPS is supplying the transponder with the needed position (plus velocity, etc) data for ADSB-OUT, which is sent out thru your transponder. You are not showing any ADSB-IN devices, but, if you're sure you're seeing ADSB-IN data on your Dynon, then you must have a receiver somewhere. I don't know if the Garmin 175 is capable of displaying ADSB-in data, nor If it can interface to any non-Garmin adsb-in receiver. Garmin tends to keep the data in format to its displays proprietary. But you most likely want this data on the largest screen you have - the Dynon one - anyway.
I don't know if the RS232 ground pin (green) needs to be grounded, or if it's done internally. Read the 175 manual. But if you want my guess, I'd guess it should be grounded.
Fly, then request an on-line adsb report from the FAA (automated, do a google search to find the form), then you'll know if ADSB-OUT is working.

Back