What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon servos

Mark Palajac

I'm New Here
Trying to figure out the proper placement for the Dynon altitude hold servo. The Dynon drawing has it mounted on a bracket below the elevator push rod. It seems the servo may impede the travel of the push rod if it sits too high. The bracket that came with the kit may need to be modified so it it almost rests on the F729B angle bracket. Has anyone out there solved this for an RV7?
Mark

Many, many of these flying. Install it just as Dynon shows in the manuals. It works just fine out of the box.

This of course assumes you got the correct parts in your install kit.....

On the 9A, there is plenty of clearance if you run it as the drawings indicate. I *think* the assembly in that part of the airplane is the same for a 7 and 9.

Hi Mark,

This is how mine was installed.

p8192504custom.jpg

I had to drill out the original rivets, this gave me a template to drill into the bracket.
I put ( from memory ) 3-4 rivets in to the bottom, and the same in the side plate.

*NOTE* I put the bracket about 1" to far aft, this gave me an over center problem at full travel, I had to make a longer push tube for the servo.

I had the same problem with a 9A which should be similar or identical to your 7. Many others report the same problem.

If you cut off the bottom flange of the Dynon bracket, so it can be riveted just a little (~ 1/8") lower, that might do the trick.

Or, install as directed, and put the servo arm upside down to clear.

If you have clearance issues, something is wrong....no need to modify the bracket....it works just fine as is.

Back