What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Range of Motion Limiting Kit

Tom Delaney

Well Known Member
This kit was supplied with the autopilot servos. I haven't seem any mention of them on this site or the RV-12 plans so I was wondering if others have installed them.

Thanks,

I don't recall this being in the servo kit when I installed my servos in 2011. There was a caution to insure the range of travel did not let the arm go to the "over center" position.

I just threw them on the shelf, as I recall from back then that was what we were supposed to do with them.

If everything is set up correctly, it is not possible for your servo arm to go over-centre. These are a back-up to provide a physical stop. I don't see any downside in fitting them.

Not needed. Supplied from Dynon because the servos are installed in a variety of planes. Advice: Follow the RV12 plans.

most likely not needed

The control stops on the aircraft would prevent the servo arm from going over center. I have some reservations with relying on this as a one point failure mode. I don't know about the 12, but my 6 has some pretty robust stops, but I could see one being damaged and losing effectiveness. Adding the servo stops, if not too much of a hassle, would be good insurance.

Back