What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon pitot / AOA transition

sahrens

Well Known Member
Does anyone have photos of how they made the two tubes transition into the fuselage where the wing and fuselage meet? I ran my tubes through the 7/16" holes just aft of the spar.

So I am looking for a few ways to run the tubes into the fuselage. I have runs under the floor going aft, so that is done.

Thanks for your answers.

Scott

I know a photo is worth a thousand words, but I am at work and they block my photobucket site, so I will try to describe how I did mine.

I also have pitot and AOA tubes just behind the spar.

On the wing, I put two clickbond tabs, one on each side of the big hole that the aileron pushrod comes through. The tubes are bent back through those tabs on each side of the pushrod. There is enough clearance between the wing and fuselage to get about a 2 inch radius bend so the tube will not kink. I may use my heat gun on them to ease the bend stress a bit.

On the fuselage, I drilled two holes about 2 inches aft of the large pushrod hole at about the 2 and 4 o'clock positions. The upper hole us just below the seat pan angle. I put a large grommet in the holes with a 90 degr Air Safety tube connector facing forward.

When the wing is mounted, the tubes go into those 90 degr fittings and then into the fuselage and under the seats to my ADAHRS box behind the baggage wall.

Hope that is clear enough.

I have pics on my build site, ADAHRS unit is in the tail. There were two holes I had to drill in the ribs to go out the L.

Adding a picture for my clarity

Your fuselage access holes are located in the general area of the red arrow head in my photo? It would be nice to have two holes where the blue arrow is pointing, but there isn't room.

84bc9834-2eb4-4d4b-bc88-63cb1662f883_zps0dc4ace4.jpg

My lines run under the floor in the second bay over, but getting to the side of the fuselage is not the issue. Just getting through the fuselage.

Thanks for the answers.

I have the AOA/Pitot lines leaving the wings in the holes just aft of the main spar.

When they reach the most inboard wing rib, they head downward and aft to the holes under the fuselage hole for the control tubes.

IMG_4886-M.jpg

This is the view looking through the hole in the fuselage for the control tube.

They enter the fuselage under the aileron control tube, and then go into a conduit that takes them under the seat pan and baggage floor to the ADAHRS unit located behind the baggage bulkhead.

IMG_4885-M.jpg

The turn that the tubing takes between the inboard wing rib and fuselage is a bit tight. It was a real pain to route these lines. There just isn't any room to get your hand down between the wing and fuselage, except through the control tube hole. You can see how one of the snap bushings is a bit C0ck-eyed. If I was to do this over, I would make the runs much straighter in to the fuselage. Stay down low and keep them under the aileron control tube.

Back