What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Pitch servo installation

Sam Staton

Well Known Member
I came back from SNF with new toys - Dynon pitch and roll servo kits. Now, I have to install them. I would like to see how some of you intrepid folks have done it. Links to pictures would be marvelous! I have a fairly good idea of what I need to do, but examples of those have gone before me are what I am looking for. Thanks in advance guys!

no surprises

I don't have pics handy, but I can assure you that the documentation with the servos is all you need. I had no issues at all, and the install was a piece of cake. I used the pass side under seat location for aileron install, which required minimal rib trimming. I can say that the servo arms are different lenths, and if you mix 'em up they won't fit, which will freak you out :rolleyes:

Roll Servo over-center

Be really careful to check for the roll servo going over-center and sticking in place. No matter how I tried, mine had a small propensity to over-center when I really pushed the stick to its roll limit.

I installed the servo limit bracket to eliminate any chance of this happening in flight. It's very hard to put on once the servo is in place so I'd suggest putting it on before if you can.

I made my own bracket duplicating the mounting location in the Dynon instructions.

pitch-servo-small.jpg

Pic from an earlier post discussing cable routing...:) They are also my cables, not Dynon's.

Last edited:
Yep, the install documents on Dynon's website or the CD that comes with the products has complete documentation on how to install.

3D exploded views and everything including assembled views. They did a good job on the docs!

Back