What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Magnometer Location ??

David Clifford

Well Known Member
I am working on the wings of my -10 now and ordered the SafeAir AOA/Pitot, along with the pitot/static line kit. I also ordered two of the SafeAir Dynon compass mounting kits for dual EFIS units. I figured I would get all the wiring and plumbing lines run through the wings before I button them up. With the wiring and plumbing done in the left wing, I got to thinking about the wingtip magnometer mounts and the location, and am now worried that the magnometers will be close to the wingtip nutplates, my Whelen A600's and wiring, and my HID wingtip ballasts and landing/taxi lights. I am now thinking that an alternate location would be better and after searching the forum, found that a lot of folks building models other than the -10 are putting the magnometers in the empennage, either on the V/S deck or aft of the baggage bulkhead. I am inclined to do one of these locations instead of the wingtip. Any comments, suggestions, or info from other -10 builders would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

If you are going with the new SkyView, I believe they cannot go in the wing as they need to be near centreline. In any case, I think the best position is top of the front bay in the tailcone. I will be building a tray to fit to the J-stiffeners.

If you are going with the new SkyView, I believe they cannot go in the wing as they need to be near centreline. In any case, I think the best position is top of the front bay in the tailcone. I will be building a tray to fit to the J-stiffeners.

Yep,,,,dual SkyViews. I think I will give Dynon a call for some help.

Back