What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon HDX - Displayed Traffic

Piper J3

Well Known Member
My friend has a RV-12 with dual Dynon HDX displays. My RV-12 has dual Dynon D180 /D100. I have two mini iPads both running ForeFlight for navigation, weather, and traffic. One iPad is set to display near traffic and the second iPad displays all traffic. I have uAvionix echoUAT for ADS-B. We often fly in loose formation and chat on 122.75 comparing traffic seen on EFIS displays.

The HDX struggles to show consistent traffic even nearby. Sometimes traffic has ghosts and/or traffic disappears and maybe, but not allows… reappears. FF on my iPads is much more solid.

Does anyone else experience this with HDX?

ADSB

I had a very similar problem with targets dropping off my HDX and ghosting alerts of my own aircraft when maneuvering. I spoke to a Dynon rep at Oshkosh and his first question was, do you have the latest download version of software installed. Uh, no I didn’t. I installed the latest software…..problem solved.

We're running latest Van's Dynon Skyview Original RV-12 Rotax 912 ULS Software 16.4.0/Settings...

ADSB-472 software update

The ADSB-472 software is in the firmware, but you will need to install it separately, unlike any modules on the SkyView network.

This is out of the install manual to help you through the ADSB-472 software update.

8891A294-FF99-42EE-BB85-8B1ABEA5C1C4.png

Brian

Back