What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

dynon flush mount

szicree

Well Known Member
Anybody care to chime in on the pros and cons of the Dynon flush mount.

Steve Zicree
RV4 finishing

I ordered the flush mount and then realized that it would cause the back of the EFIS unit to sit too far back into the sub panel behind the inst panel. I probably could have made it work but would have to remove alot of material around my canopy hinges (7A with tip up canopy).

So, I decided to just use the 3 1/8" hole instead. As for the mount itself. It fits the instrument well, when recessed into the panel it looks nice (I know this because I cut the first inst. panel to fit the flush mount DOH!)

Just check your spacing behind your panel.

Jeff

flush mount

I have a 6A slider. You do have to cut a hole in the sub panel as the Dynon does stick all the way back there. It really is a matter of opinion. I liked the flush look but I don't think it matters the radios stick out as much as the Dynon would without the flush mount so it is not as though its the only thing hangin out the front.

Dynon hand hold

I have not flown with mine yet, but some report that having it sit proud gives you something to rest or brace your hand aginst while pushing buttons. I also saw that not going flush, makes for less cutting of the panel and sub-panel (as mentioned), making it an easier installation. George

Last edited:
slider 7a here too. No reason to go flush but we mounted the radios semi-flush so I ordered the flush mount and the Dynon stuck out the right amount to match the radio and txp.

I can see where resting your hand could help.

mark

4301389642905panelwork0484bf.jpg

www.pbase.com/mark2nite

Back