What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DYNON EMS QUESTION

rv7guy2

I am having issues calibrating my capactive fuel sensors in my RV-7 and was wondering if anyone else may have experienced what I am going through. Basically I am not getting any fuel level reading on my Dynon EMS 120. At this point I am ready to rip out the flop tubes, and install float fuel level senders and fuel pickups. Calibrating the fuel tanks is the only thing left to do before I schedule my final inspection and with it now September, I want to fly before a Southern Ontario winter grounds us for 4 months.
I have studied and manuals for the Princeton Units that are installed between the Dynon EMS and the fuel tanks and have calibrated them as per the instrucctions. I have also followed the Dynon calibration procedures to the letter on several occassions and each time I get a "no sensor detected" message on the Dynon. No matter how much fuel I put into the tanks, I cannot get a fuel level reading. This happens with BOTH tanks. I have traced the wiring back and forth and even swapped the left tank for the right tank inputs and still no joy.
I have called the Princeton people and the Dynon tech reps and have followed their instructions to the "T" but still tonight I could not get a fuel level reading .
I am at my wits end. Can anyone help?

Dave
RV-7
C-GCPD

Dave,

Check the wires to see if you are getting power to the sending units? My EMS D10 had an internal problem and had to be sent back for repairs. This problem also caused my fuel flow to not function.

Back