What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon EMS Fuel Indicator Question

Stroh21

Well Known Member
Hello VAF!!!!

Hopefully, this is an easy question.

I'm in the process of upgrading my panel (pictures coming soon). Before I pull my fuel gauges out of their position in the side panels of my RV-8A, I need to make sure my Dynon EMS can read the fuel levels. The gauges look like they are automotive float type indicators. Are these considered a "resistive fuel level sensor"? I assume this because I get an hour of flying before either gauge starts to show fuel burn.

Thank you for your time as always!

Matt

Yes, the Dynon EMS will work just fine with the resistive senders. There is a calibration that needs to be done. Empty the tank then fill 2 gallons at a time, press a button after each 2 gallon addition. You will get to the point when near full that the sender will no longer change the resistance. My tanks show 15+/14+ when full and stay there until I burn off enough fuel to make the senders start seeing the level go down.

+1 with Bruce

I added the EMS120 to my -6A --- hooked my resistive gage wires to the Dynon inputs and then followed the Dynon calibration program. Worked great.

Ron

Back