What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon egt/cht probe question

Jrskygod

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm installing my skyview probes. Is it acceptable to use dsub pins for connecting the probes to the lead wires from the ems? The supplied 1/4" connectors seem to be overkill for joining these wires and it would be a much neater install if the dsub pins would work. All of the connections are on the engine side of the firewall so there would not be any kind of temperature differential at the connection which they warn about. Has anyone used the dsub pins in this application successfully?

I'm installing my skyview probes. Is it acceptable to use dsub pins for connecting the probes to the lead wires from the ems? The supplied 1/4" connectors seem to be overkill for joining these wires and it would be a much neater install if the dsub pins would work. All of the connections are on the engine side of the firewall so there would not be any kind of temperature differential at the connection which they warn about. Has anyone used the dsub pins in this application successfully?

Yes it will work. Since you will be using a dissimilar metal contact, there will be a small error in the reading. Because each probe will have the same number of dissimilar contacts, the error will be the same.

Back